Moving Past Pain for Employers
Moving Past Pain Programme £125 per participant
Persistent pain has many causes and is very prevalent. Back pain alone leads to more than 12 million lost working days every year in the UK .
The move towards working from home has exacerbated the problem. Long hours at ‘less than perfect’ workstations, tension caused by juggling home/work balance and, for many, a less active lifestyle has been a perfect storm contributing to increased neck, shoulder and back pain.
If you have members of your team who are losing productivity or struggling to work due to muscular or joint related pain, we can help. We are specialists in pain management and recovery.
Our Moving Past Pain programme is ideal for your key people who don’t have time to attend clinical consultations at a surgery or wait for a NHS appointment.
Using a secure video link, your employee will meet our Chartered Physiotherapist online. They will discuss their pain condition, it’s impact on their work and wider life and agree a treatment plan to help to relieve their symptoms.
Following a programme and goals specifically designed for them, they will be supported by 4 further follow-up consultations over 8 to 12 weeks. This will keep motivation high and help them check progress and adapt their treatment plan if needed.
Our specialist exercises and breathing techniques will enable your employee to build up strength and flexibility at a sustainable pace, to get them back to being a productive member of your team.
They will have unlimited access to all of our resources for a full year. We will encourage them to develop a bank of simple but effective exercises and stretches to help them self manage their pain problem and any flare ups once the programme of consultations is complete
Start your employee’s journey to recovery today. Book their place on the Moving Past Pain programme.
How the programme works
- Please call or email us. We will create a corporate account for you so that you can select and invite your employee(s) to participate in the programme.
- We will invoice you for the cost of the programme for the required number of employees. You may settle this invoice by card payment
- Once your invoice is paid, we will send an invitation to your nominated employees to give them access to our online resources and details of how to arrange their 1st consultation on our online appointment booking system.
- They will choose a suitable day and time for their initial consultation
- They will receive an email confirming their appointment
Our programme is fully online.
- They will need access to an internet connected device (mobile, tablet, laptop or desktop PC)
- Consultations require a webcam and microphone
- A private, quiet, comfortable space. This can be at work or at home.
- The initial consultation will last 30 minutes
- Our Physiotherapist will spend time assessing their pain condition, what impact it is having on their life and work and what their objective is for the programme
- They will receive an email after their consultation confirming our discussions, their personal treatment plan and prescribed exercises
- Their next review appointment will be arranged during this initial consultation and will usually take place 2 weeks later
- They will receive 4 follow-up consultations at 2-3 weekly intervals
- These reviews will be a chance for them to keep in touch with our Physiotherapist, discuss what is working well and make adjustments if needed.
- Follow-ups will be arranged at the end of each appointment allowing them to choose the most convenient date and time
- After their initial consultation our Physiotherapist will prescribe the most suitable exercises based on their pain condition
- They will have unlimited access to these resources for a 12 month period
- At their final consultation they will be given the opportunity to review the programme with our Physiotherapist.
Who is the programme suitable for?
- This programme is designed to help relieve pain, improve strength and flexibility and restore joint mobility
- Setting personal goals right from the start, participants will measure their progress on a regular basis with the support of our Chartered Physiotherapist
- If they are looking for ways to relieve tension and stiffness, increase mobility and find ways to decrease overall pain levels, then this programme is for them.
NB. The programme is not suitable for minors under 18 years or patients already receiving medical treatment for pain
The Moving Past Pain Programme comprises:
- An initial 30 minute consultation with our Chartered Physiotherapist to assess your employee’s pain, prepare their personal treatment plan and agree their pain management goals
- 4 follow-up consultations, at 2-3 weekly intervals to discuss their progress and adjust their treatment plan as required
- 12 months unlimited access to our extensive video library of easy-to-follow specialist pain relieving exercises and stretches. These resources can be accessed at any time
- “The programme has given me hope for a mostly pain free future”
- “I liked the simplicity of the exercise videos without them being too simple”
- “Miriam was very easy to talk to, she asked the questions I would expect and she understood what I was explaining. She suggested some additions to the programme and sent them over by email”
- “Miriam is great to chat to and listens intently to what the issue is as well as what has been done already”
- “My initial consultation was good, Miriam was very professional, empathetic and knowledgeable. She gave me specific exercises to try after each session. I saw an improvement right away”
- “I will continue to use the stretches long after I finish the course because I have experienced the benefit and I don’t want to go back”
- “I found the coaching sessions really useful. I also found that knowing I was going to speak with Miriam motivated me more. I felt like she understood what I was saying”
“While I still have the discomfort in my neck and shoulders, I do feel very better informed as to how to manage the issue through mobility and stretching. A positive outcome!”