Medication Review £72
Are you worried about the long term use or side effects of your prescribed medications?
Would you like a pain management expert to help you understand your medications better?
- Our medication review is available quickly.
- You will have time to properly discuss your concerns and treatment objectives with our experienced pain specialist, nurse prescribers.
- We will work with you to make sure that your medications are right for you and your pain condition.
- We will explain how your medications work and the effect they may have on your physical and mental health in the short and longer term.
- We can discuss alternatives to prescribed medication.
Changing medication can be a long term process. We can support you with regular reviews to ensure that any new or changed prescription is effective and helping you move you towards a sustainable solution.
Please note that we do not issue prescriptions. We will send our agreed recommendations to your GP to consider and if they agree, they will issue any new prescription that may be required.
Your medication review
- You must have had a 30 minute Introductory Consultation with us first.
- When you speak to your specialist Pain Management practitioner at your Introductory Consultation, tell them you would like a Medication Review. They will arrange an appointment and send you a payment link.
- They will ask you to obtain a summary of your medical history (including all medications) from your GP. When you have received this, you should send a copy to us.
- When we receive your medical summary, you can log in to our online appointment system. Choose a suitable day and time for your consultation.
- You will receive an email confirming your appointment.
Our consultations are fully online.
- You will need access to an internet connected device (mobile, tablet, laptop or desktop PC).
- Consultations require a webcam and microphone.
- A private, quiet, comfortable space.
- Your video based Medication Review will last for 30 minutes. This gives you time to discuss one or two medications in depth.
- If you have multiple medications, a further consultation may be advised.
- Your practitioner will assess your current medications and what impact these are having on your life.
- We will discuss your medication objectives and ways in which you can work towards achieving these.
- We will take time with you to explain how your medications work and their possible side and long term effects.
- We will give you reassurance if your current medications are right for you or propose alternatives if they are not.
- You will receive an email after your consultation confirming our discussions and recommendations.
- If we agree that a change of medication is in your best interest, with your permission we will send our recommendations to your GP for their review.
- You will need to contact your GP to obtain your new prescription.
- Changing medication can be a step by step process. If we think that you will benefit from a further consultation with us to check the effectiveness of your new prescription, we will recommend this during your consultation.
- We may recommend that you book at least one follow up consultation, if we have suggested you follow a new prescription. We will make sure that your changed prescription is working for you. You will be able to raise any questions or concerns you may have.
- If a follow-up is needed, it will be arranged at the end of your consultation allowing you to choose the best date and time for you.
- When we undertake a medication review, we need to refer to your GP before and following the review process.
- We need to understand your medical history and all the medications which you are currently prescribed before making any recommendations for alteration of your treatment.
- Your medication review will be with a registered prescriber. However, any changes to your prescription will be made by your GP and recorded on their medical records system. This ensures that you receive seamless continuity of care between Our Health Hub and your registered GP.